Do you want to help make travel dreams come true for student groups? Group Travel Network is hiring! We are seeking a go-getter who likes finding solutions for intricate challenges and thinks it is fun to plan travel.
We are seeking someone who is detailed and sharp when it comes to things on paper, like contacts and itineraries, and someone who is cordial and inclusive when it comes to building relationships with our clients and supplier partners.
Must love travel… it’s kind of what we do! If you are interested in joining our fun and quirky team, please review the job description below and then click the link to our careers page to apply!
This job is great for entry-level candidates as well as seasoned travel professionals! The key to the role is the attention to detail!
Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Reporting Structure: Finance Manager
Pay Structure: Salary
Purpose of Position: Execute trip logistics, book trip elements and maintain trip pricing as proposed.
Job Duties and Essential Tasks:
• Trip Coordination: Work in partnership with the GTN salesperson to create the proposal, itinerary and appropriate invoices for a group. Negotiate vendor pricing (all activities, meals, etc). Book all trip activities and meals for assigned portfolio of trips. Coordinate all logistics and timing for each itinerary and work to ensure smooth coordination. Maintain scheduled operational tasks based upon due dates and work with the client to ensure final details are affirmed (such as rooming lists).
• Vendor Relations: Grow vendor relations through positive and professional interactions. Maintain vendor pricing, product offerings and descriptions on the yearly pricing spreadsheet. Communicate group details to vendors throughout the planning process.
• Client Service: Answer the phones! Assist with client registration and online account maintenance. Maintain and update client invoices including pricing and accurate number of travelers.
• Marketing and Social Media: Contribute to website content including written testimony, product description, photos and content as needed. Contribute and influence social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Tiktok, Instagram and Snapchat.
• Industry Trends: Stay industry current and understand product trends by destination. Be knowledgeable of competitor offerings and new market opportunities.
• Travel as Required: Function as service host- as assigned for client trips, ensure quality delivery of the trip logistics, travel as requested for industry functions and trade shows.
Skillsets and Qualifications Suggested for the Job:
- Two years experience in the travel industry, sales or customer service.
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Keen negotiation and organization skills
- Effective time management skills
- Customer service experience
- Intense love of (or tolerance for) the color orange
- Sense of humor and willingness to learn
- Passion for travel and the desire to help make “Memories Worth Repeating”
This job description does not limit the areas in which an employee may be asked to contribute to the overall success of the company, nor is it intended to be all-inclusive of the duties and tasks, which may pertain to the role. The work is performed in a well-lit and semi-private workspace. Frequent use of computer, phone and other equipment is necessary to perform job functions. The workload may be higher during peak season and interruptions can be frequent. Work from home options may be available on occasion.